Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Would you Do?

Hi Guys,
    If you had a 1000 stitch belt that was sewn up with all the goodies still inside
    would you open it or leave it closed never to know what was inside???
    This is the question that just keeps going thru my head about the belt I just bought.
    Let me here your opinions good,bad or whatever.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

It is hard not to do it. But I would leave it alone. Don't have an x-ray machine somewhere in the basement?

Comment

leave it alone. At best a few coins, shrine tokens & good luck items.

Comment

To take it apart to me ruins its value..as whod want it after that,, its not a iron cross case...besides ...what if you opened it up, and all you found was pubes??? dont do it....its that mystery that makes it valueable, and personal. Id say its a real rare item if this is an original. would a pilot wear it in a kamikazi attack as a headband , or what?

Comment

I can't believe this is even a debate. That is a beautiful belt. Please don't destroy it. Very nice pick up.
            Scott

Comment

Nice looker - I'd also leave it alone, and wonder!

Regards

Russ

Comment

I am surprised the veteran who acquired it didn't open it up. As temped as I would be, I just couldn't do it knowing it it would destroy the value.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                  what if you opened it up, and all you found was pubes???

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe they were worn as a loin cloth.

Stu

Comment

I dont think they were used as a loin cloth either.Some were worn as headbands,waist belt.I wont open it but dang its a tuff not to.I guess it will be like a mystery grab bag that just sits on the shelf and cant see whats inside..I guess since its been this long unopened it can stay that way.
                    The soldiers name was Ida Yashukiro Wakayama and was from Umikusa Prefecture.So I was told thats what the writing on the back says.

Comment

Get it x-rayed. Otherwise open it and find out what treasure lies beneath!

-Eric

Comment

I belive the pube's comment refers to the use of femail pubes as a good luck charm. I remember hearing about this but i'm not 100% sure on if it's an old wives tail or not.

either way leave it in one peice. it's a nce belt

Comment

I like the belt. Looks very fresh. Did you get it off a Japanese dealer?

Comment

I would never open it.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick87 View Post
                              I like the belt. Looks very fresh. Did you get it off a Japanese dealer?
                              No it came from a gun show in Reno NV.The vet brought it in and traded it in on something.I then bought it from him.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X