Wooden Ammunition Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wooden Ammunition Box

Thought Id share this very neat battle damaged box. I think I have an idea on what this box is. I bought it as a box that the seller thought was a box for gasmasks becasue there was a loose gasmask inside. I really bought the box as a true piece of battlefield damaged equipment. Youll notice that in the corner the it has what appears to be shrapnel or a bullet hole that tore a chuunk out of the box.Tears right threw the metal seperators on this inside so I know that the metal seperators are orignal to this box.

Id like to hear anyones thoughts and opinions on the box. Has anyone seen this type of constructed box.

Id be very curious to know and learn abou what exactly this box was for and if my theory of it being an ammunition box is correct.
    Thanks for the help and thoughts on this box. I greatly appreciate it!

Neat box! I can't answer your question but I do have a somewhat similar designed box as yours. Based on the writing on top of my box, it was determined to have held parts or components or tools for torpedo's.
    What are the dimensions of your box?
    Kim

Comment

Can't help either, but it looks great!

Regards

Russ

Comment

VERY nice ! It's the original packing crate for the navy 25mm AA ammunition. These boxes held 40 rounds of the 25mm, and this particular one was crated at the Toyokawa Naval Arsenal, with rounds being assembled in January 1943.

Comment

Thank you guys so much.

Kim I will get you the dimensions first thing in the morining.

Big thanks to you Edokko for translating my box. I really didnt think it was going to turn out to be the original packing crate for the navy AA ammo. Thats awesome!! Many thanks!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
          X