Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with sword surrender tag & flag

Hello
    Pics show my latest pick up. I believe the strip is a tag that the Japanese Lt. surrendered with his sword. His address is in HIROSHIMA... how crazy is that?
    This strip looks to be part of a flag as its sewn on the borders and cut on the side.

The flag and Japanese rank patch are unkown to me. I think the rank patch may be either navy or japanese naval infantry? Not sure. There is writing on the back, you can see the photo. Does that identify it? Any help with translation on the flag or patch back are appreciated.

The rest of the items are from the 3d Marine Div vet who brought it all back.
    Thanks!

Anyone???? Crickets...

Comment

Pick up

Very nice pick up , any photos with it ?

Comment

Hi John
        Just official USMC photos from different campaigns in the Pacific. Unforunately no photos to go with the tag and flag. I was hoping someone on WAF would be able to read the Kanji on the flag and see if there was any mention of the guys name on the tag.

Comment

Kanji

I AM SURE SOMEONE WILL HELP WITH THE KANJI ,ESPECIALY FOR SUCH A NICE FIND..

Comment

Isnt the address and LT name(in english) the japanese translation of what is in kanji right underneath it...

Comment

The Kanji at the top appears to be the wish for "May your military fortunes be long lasting"Or as we say "Good Luck" The rest are the name of the owner and the names of well wishers and family.Hope this helps a little. G.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X