Bomber IJN Gun Sight Type 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bomber IJN Gun Sight Type 95

after about 5-6 hours of intense cleaning, just thought I'd post up pics of the gun sight. always wanted one of these to go along with the early IJN helmets. I believe this was the type used at pearl harbor. Haven't matched the makers mark to the company yet nor completely translated the dataplate. Still, one of the more exciting things I've come across. Thanks again to all the peeps who helped me out on this one.

Congratulations, that's really an awesome piece.

Comment

Most impressive - that's been well cared for!

Regards

Russ

Comment

Nice J!

Comment

thanks all. I feel really blessed to be its new caretaker.

was doing some more research on the PH attack. looks like the aircraft that did carry this type of scope, the Val dive bombers, were pretty represented there. However, the ones which sank many of the battleships were actually torpedo bombers Kates. I can't figure out if they had a sight of any type. In particular, the arizona was sunk by the torpedo bombers, thought from what I understand, the torpedo fell into it directly (like a dive bomber)?

its curios to me, since I had thought the torpedo bombers had trained really hard for the shallow runs needed with the modified torpedos, but may have just dropped them like a dive bomber...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X