Hardcore History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardcore History

Just thought I'd introduce Dan Carlin's excellent podcast to those who may not know of it. I think his commentary is really insightful and thought-provoking. You can listen to him directly from his site or subscribe to his free podcasts. Well worth listening to! (No Japanese-themed talks yet, though...)

Check out the archives, too!

http://www.dancarlin.com/disp.php/hh

Cheers, Rich
    Last edited by Fukuoka; 05-01-2010, 06:36 AM.

I completely agree! "Ghosts of the Ostfront" was an outstanding three part series, and I hope he looks at the Pacific theatre in the near future!

Comment

Oh, that series was fantastic! He has gotten me interested in all different periods. His 'Punic Nightmares' series was also exceptional. He introduced me to Victor Hanson. I'm enjoying the latter's book The Western Way of War right now. I wasn't really interested in the Greek hoplites until I started Hanson's book. Highly recommended!

Cheers, Rich

Comment

Good to see Dan's podcast get the credit it deserves. I've been a subscriber for a couple of years (or so) and his attention to detail and raw passion are inspiring.

I agree, 'Ghosts' was epic - and he also did a great one on The Nazis vs. Alexander the Great a while back.

He also does another podcast, I forget the name of it - but it's purely a political show and more of a rant than anything. But no less entertaining.

Chris

Comment

Very neat thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X