Kempeitai items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kempeitai items

Anyone out there interested in kempeitai items? What prices do Kempeitai items go for? Are the armbands rare? What are the more rarer items concerning kempeitai?

thanks

yes kempeitai items are rare with some items being well and truly faked namley the armbands. Photos are also hard to find with the last one i saw selling on e-bay for over $100. the only other things that will ID somone as kempeitai is there black branch of service badge, the branch insignia and there is suposedly a undress badge in the form of a kiku mon worn under the lapel of there jacket.

I think there was a previous discussion regarding the kempeitai. do a quick forum surch it should come up.

Comment

there was a small discussion on the items about 2 years ago. just wondering if anyone collected those items/ recent purchases.

Comment

Oh, and does anyone know how to tell the differance between the real armbands and the fakes? I had come across one recently and didn't get it, but wanted to know any basic signs. Are the fakes more fresh looking (like whiter)?

Also, were are these fakes coming out of? China, Japan, or U.S.?

thanks

Comment

Nakata makes a copy for reenacters but he they should be marked with the nakata stamp. mine has a name and date stamp on the back that is on a seperate peice of cloth sewn to the armband. There is most likly copys coming out of china as there is money to be made from it. I havent purchased anything recently but the only other Kempeitai item I have seen sell recently was a branch of service W that sold for £20 ($40 approx) but these are copied as well. the only thing that is dificult to fake is a photo but still possible.

Comment

There are some good pics of an armband here

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...armband&page=3

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X