Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Navy Blue Field Cap

Greetings,
    I just got this attracitve hat in the mail today. Its just a great example. I am still rusty at understanding the certain areas of the mft navy tag and finding the showa date. Can someone please lend a hand in figuring out the date as well as any of the info written in by the sailor? I greatly appreciate and help as well as comments.
    Kind Regards,
    Michael

The column on the farthest to the rightside I believe is like some kind of unit information. I can read a "3881" as the last four numbers in that column. The column to the left of that is the name (which is pretty hard to read due to the smudging), and finally the column to the left of that is the date. Notice how the date column has two printed kanji. First one means year, and below that means month. Although this date column is very difficult to read as well, If I had to bet (based on moving my eyes and trying to read past the smudge lol)I would say that it says "Showa 17", or 1942, and the month says "11" which would be November.

Comment

Nice cap! Field caps are one of my favorites! Maverick is correct on dating

Comment

Nice addition to your collection, thanks for sharing.

David.

Comment

Maverick,
          Many thanks for explaining the diferent sections of the tag for me. And also thanks for taking a stab at the writing. Im glad its a nice early dated cap. The pics I took real quick dont do it justice,its much much attractive in hand,has more of a dark tone blue.
          Thanks to Jareth and David as well for your kind thoughts!!

Comment

Very nice cap.Great find ,I need one too

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X