Type 45 Tunic/Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type 45 Tunic/Pants

Nice price for this rare set! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Yeh, that one was dated Meiji 29 (1896).

Comment

are you sure on that date??? they were not even issued back then. they didn't get issued utill 1912 did they?. they were still in the 1886 uniform in 1896, followed by the 1904 summer khaki uniform.

Comment

The b-m-n animal is correct in the dating. I couldn't read label date in tunic

Comment

My mistake. I think it says "Meiji 39", which would be 1906.
          Last edited by maverick87; 04-05-2010, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Last edited by maverick87; 04-05-2010, 12:11 PM.

Comment

thats still 6 year to early . i cant read the top number in the date stamp. but maybe we should start to question the marks. there is another very washed out stamp next to the date stamp any idea what it is ?. I know the type 45 should have a type stamp like ther other uniforms but cant see one.

Comment

I couldn't read the rest very well, but i know it has to do with troop and regiment information. The line to right of the date says like troop 7, or maybe its regiment 7. For sure, no doubt, that date (first two characters) says "Meiji" which means from 1868 until 1912.

I think you're right. Maybe someone messed with this and added the date in ther post-period? The description on ebay did say about getting this in a box from Japan? could have been tampered with?

Comment

third glance I find it strange that the marks appear to be stamped on a section/label & then it was sewn onto interior. Mine (as per my memory) is stamped directly onto interior cloth. I think there was a post awhile back on the type 45 uniform & I posted the date of my group. Do a search

Comment

yes, a nice set. if I hadn't just spend $$$ on a 442nd related item, I'd have gone for it. But I tend to over pay on things I'm not so knowledgeable about.

Comment

I think that this has been tampered with. I looked at the stamp of my type 1886 uniform and it is directly onto the cloth and a diferent style of stamp. but not having the type 45 I cant comment on what it should have. I would assume that as the early uniform has the stamp strait on the cloth as well as the later ones that it should be the same for the type 45.

On another note I just looked at the e-bay photos again and notice the following.

the shoulder insignia are wrong. the star should be sowen on not a metal star.

the stamp inside the tunic shows the marking to the left of the date better but it still doesnt look like the type stamp that should be there (it's a better photo of the stamp as well).

The name is stamped. and I think this is odd as most names are done by hand.

also there is no mothing. even the best kept uniforms that come from japan have a little mothing especialy if they are this old.

personally I dont trust this uniform. as it has been messed with at some point. but then thats my oppinion
                      Last edited by b-m-n_animal; 04-06-2010, 03:40 AM.

Comment

I almost agree...I think tunic is wrong. Maybe a "veterans" tunic? or a movie/photo prop? The name looks hand written to me but I'm no tech savy guy with enlargement abilities. Spot on about should board stars. As for mothing my type 45 tunic/pants is absolutely moth hole free. I appologize to all by not carefully looking at this eBay ensemble before posting it here.

Comment

I was wondering about it being a veterans tunic as well. But movie prop is also a good idea. It might be a nakata repro???? it's certanly a good copy if it is one. and I dont think it's a chinese fake at least

If you use the link back to e-bay and click on the photo you should have a new box open up with the images enlarged you can see the tunic stamp better there.

I think that this has been interesting it just goes to show how even the best of us can not see things somtimes and this is a rearly seen uniform (at least in the uk)

Comment

Name looks to be written by a beginner... well to me though.

Comment

I am almost certain this set was on Manions some time back. Even the pic was offered with this back then. Anything from them is suspect at best.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X