Crazy price for a Type 99?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy price for a Type 99?

I was watching this gun. Is this a reasonable price for a 1st series like this, or is this a crazy price?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=162667149

Yes it's a fine example... but easily a grand overboard in value as sold. But with armchair collectors that don't go to the shows using the auction sites things get weird & expensive fast. If a guy put $2k on this rifle on a table at any big show collectors would laugh at that insane price.

Comment

Certianly a choice example of a 1st Series Type 99 with "all" the bells and whistles.....but absolutely crazy priceing IMO. However, as the old saying goes....stuff is worth whatever someone is willing to pay....but I certianly won't even consider "that kind of money"......

I bought my 1st series.....w/leather sling & nice bayonet w/frog.....for $350.00
      a couple years ago.....the only thing lacking on mine was the dust cover. I considered that to be "cheap"....but 2K is CRAZY!
      John G.

Comment

did your 1st series you got for $350 have intact mum and all matching?

Comment

I agree....insane price & at least $1000. ++++ over value

Comment

Maverick87,
            Yes, my 1st series Type 99 has the Crest....all matching, with leather sling with painted characters....condition is at least a "9" out of "10".....

The bayonet has the frog, and also excellent.....

I set up at the local flea market and bought it there....it was a walk in. The guy told me he'd tried to sell it to three local gun shops who offered him only $100.00 for it....I've been looking for a "cherry" T-99 w/monopod so was only to glad to pay $350.00 (it also had a Japanese Squad Cleaning kit with nearly all it's contents included with it....)

Most non-collectors still consider Japanese rifles to be clunkers....which means you can sometimes buy them "right".
            John G.
            Mainemilitaria

Comment

that's awesome. Unfortunately, my current location (Korea) is uber-strict on guns, and I think they would "tar and feather" me if they knew I was collecting Japanese militaria. Koreans in realtion to the Japanese military is like France or Poland in realtion to the German military. I usually put a random dust cover on my militaria books when I'm reading them in public.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X