BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Japanese bayonet and I fear Scabbard repainted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matsus h i t a (Matsu****a) Kinzoku KK arsenal. Commonly known as "National Denki"

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
      Matsus h i t a (Matsu****a) Kinzoku KK arsenal. Commonly known as "National Denki"
      I like it a lot. Has lots of blue left. Common makers are a good thing for me, they knew what they were doing as they made so many.

W.

Comment

Quite interesting story on National Denki (Matsu****a), they changed their name to Panasonic, so your bayonet was made by Panasonic.

Comment

The commonly used name "National Denki" is a collector's misnomer. The bayonet maker using the Arrow-through-the-M logo was 松下電器産業 "Matsushi-ta Denki Sangyo" that is the present Panasonic Corporation. The name "National" is one of the major trademarks used by the Matsushi-ta group. "Denki" just means "Electronics", so National Denki is sort of like a make-up hybrid name. Better to call the maker "Matsushi-ta Denki" (of course without the hyphen)

Comment

Thanks for clarification Takehito. Seems Larry Johnson's arsenal I.D. (Sangyo) is cloer to accurate than Ray's (Kinzoku) ?

Comment

Jareth, yes, actually Matsushi-ta Kinzoku KK was one of the subsidiaries of the Matsushi-ta Denki Sangyo group, and many of them used the same arrow-through-the-M logo during the days. Most of the group companies became involved in production for the military, so there is a good probability that the bayonets were indeed made by Matsushi-ta Kinzoku KK.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
              X