Japanese Ceramic Grenades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cave stuff

David. I would love to see that picture! AND any other goodies you found in those caves! Just be carefull when you are out there. I have a bunch of cave found Japanese INERT stuff. Found in the hills around Clark Field, Luzon. Inert pipebomb grenades, Yardstick mine, Spigot Type 3 rifle grenades, empty Molotov cocktail, Inert aerial bomb and a lunge mine warhead. I'm glad some of this stuff has survived the war.

Jim
    JapaneseOrdnance(at)yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by kaigunair View Post
      there is also an example of a post war mfg painting these up really nice.
      Do you mean they have also been made postwar, or perhaps beeing still made?!
      Or that they paint and decorate genuine wartime surplus examples?
      Do you have a link?

Comment

Anybody? Are these being reproduced since they are easy to make?

Comment

way too common to reproduce. As far as I know they haven't been copied

Comment

Bumping this to the top, so I can comment on the fact that the ceramic grenades are in fact being reproduced, locally anyway in Japan.

I've personally seen them, they are made by local people mostly as gifts and such, not to trick collectors.

Fortunately, there is a substantial weight/heft difference between an authentic one and the new ones, the walls appears to be thinner on the new ones as well.

Comment

I've been advised that for some years now they have been reproduced in Mexico too although to lower quality standards than originals.

Regards,
              Stu

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X