No announcement yet.

My girlfriend´s ancestors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's gotta be worth more if you have the ID book etc with it and other history.

I recently sold a china war medal, red cross medal and paybook set to a London dealer for £60 (about $120) but then you dont get things like that in the uk very often. he had 8th class rising sun medals with no box for £30 (about $60) if that gives any help on the cost of things over hear.

Comment

Thanks again for the input

Well I personally think it´s better if their selling potential is low. As FightenIrish said it´s a family heirloom, and I´d hate to see it being sold by my GF or the rest of her family for few bucks to buy videogames. Unfortunately they don´t care too much about the stuff their greatgrandfather left behind (I´m pretty sure they would have thrown them away if I weren´t asking questions from time to time)

Good to know I´ll be able to keep a piece of history safe and sound though.

P.S: If they find the uniform and give it to me too, I´ll be sure to post some pics again!

Comment

I agree it's important to keep history with the family . or items that are from one guy together and not split them up. it's a shame that there are so many people out there that dont feel the same. But then we'd have nothing to collect. Glad your looking out for her family history.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X