Last Japanese Rifle I have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Japanese Rifle I have

This is the last one I have. It is the only one I have ever had that had no damage to the crest. I even put the white (well it used to be white) stuff in it to show it off. It was the one I said in one of the other posts was given to me by a friend of mine. His older brother send it back from Iwo Jima, I think he said, and he said he had dispatched the Japanese soldier that he took it off. It is pretty rough shape. It has a few bad hits on the stock.......looks like a bullet hole in the buttstock and the front has a big chunk knocked out, as well as a couple of other bad places, including what looks like hack marks in one area almost like blade hits. The finish is rougher than the others and the safety at the end of the bolt doesn't look as finished as most I have seen. I didn't get a good picture of the serial number, but it has one......just the metal is very rough finish. I guess it must be one made near the end, but I don't know if it qualifies as a "last ditch", which I have heard used to describe late made ones. What can you tell me about it? In some ways it is the worst one I have.

Thanks,
    Ron

This one looks like it may be a early start of the 25 series it is for sure a Kokura made probably made in late 44 or early 45 I'am not %100 sure on this one nice looker though

Comment

Beautiful Type 99! It's great to see one of these late war rifles that actually saw service and doesn't have the mum ground off. The ugly duckling is actually a princess

eric

Comment

It is either a very late transitional or a last ditch. I love the chatter on the stock.

Comment

To be honest, I hate mint condition rifles they have no character (at least thats my opinion)

This rife has a ton of character, and looks like it was used! That to me is better than any mint condition rifle.

I wish I had this for my collection,

Swayne

Comment

Sorry........I hadn't looked at this post for quite a while........thanks for the comments. I actually like it too........I never could be sure most of the "mint" things ever were part of history (except that they likely sat out history in some supply depot and really never saw the war that was the most earth shattering event in the life of man.......to this point........in my lifetime) (and I hope none comes that is worse); however, I am pretty sure, due to the condition and the scource it was given to me, this one actually saw action, unfortunately for the man who used it..........because my friend's older brother was the one who killed him........now they are both long gone.......only the scarred up rifle remains.

Thanks,
            Ron

Comment

It looks like a 25th series Kokura. Its great to see the chatter on the stock, I love stock chatter.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
              X