gerneral saito question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gerneral saito question

i am looking for any info for a photo reference for Lt General Saito , any help would be appreciated

Hello, John ~ see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo****sugu_Saito
    Last edited by mcmike; 12-19-2009, 12:58 AM.

Comment

japanese FLAG

helo mike , i appreciate that , but the pic is not clear and that seems to be the only photo reference of him i have been able to find . one would think there would be other pics and info on him , i am looking for a good photo reference for this document,john
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

saito

also i am looking for any record of his burial and is belonging as they were recovered and brought back to japan .

Comment

I too am interested in Japanese Generals and particularly Saito. Here is a little more information:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...7140&start=765

Comment

Originally posted by john mack View Post
              also i am looking for any record of his burial and is belonging as they were recovered and brought back to japan .
              Just FYI I have dedicated many years researching Saito's last days and have found no evidence of his remains being brought back to Japan. I have made many trips to Saipan and the area of his last CP trying to find answers. I do know, and have photographic evidence, of his remains being buried on Saipan and given a full Military honors by the US Military. Not many pictures are extant of Saito. I have to dig through my Saipan research material to see what I can find but I'm interested on the source(s) you have that mention his remains being brought back to Japan.

-Eric

Comment

re: Saito pic

John: Here is a quote from web105jk in a previous thread regarding Japanese generals at http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=saito

Japanese General Photos
                <hr style="color: rgb(24, 27, 22); background-color: rgb(24, 27, 22);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> "Hi Greg

You may find the book "Shokan" Hirohito's Samurai by Richard Fuller a useful tool for your research on the Japanese Generals. The book gives a very detailed list of the Leaders of the Japanese Armed Forces between 1926-1945 including many photos.

Herm"

IF he has the book, and IF the book has a pic of Saito, perhaps he will scan a pic of the old boy and e-mail it to you.

Comment

I looked in my copy of Shokan, before I posted this morning, trying to find a pic for John. Unfortunately it doesn't have one so you can scratch that reference for having a photo of Saito, though there are quite a few pictures of other IJA Generals in the book. Zach

Comment

Must have been REALLY camera shy. Probably avoided publicity because he was wanted in Phoenix on a bigamy charge. Everything is logical if you just think about it.

Comment

saito

First i want to thank you guys for helping with my request , the fact that photographs are tough to find is making this all the more compelling to me. i must have read somewhere that Saitos remains were recovered , i think i remember the text giving reference to remains going to japan but i may have been mistaken , i will try and find where i read that info .I must admit that my interest started when i purchased a nice grouping of items and found this typed paper with reference to Saitos last official speech . to me it represents many things with reflection to the warrior code and samurai spirit . also , i am wondering why this GI had this official translation , i do not think this was given to other troops freely .which lends me to the idea that he may have known much more about Saitos last hours .in any event i will continue to look at the suggestions posted in my research for information .

Comment

Pic

So far this is THE olny pic i can find , i am sure you guys have seen it , anyone have luck finding another ?
                        Attached Files

Comment

see if you can find this book "Oba the last samurai" there's some detailed descriptions of saito and the last few days of the battle.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X