Naval Sake Cup...Gorgeous!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naval Sake Cup...Gorgeous!!!

Well,I can finally come out of the collecting closest and can honorably admit that I am now a sake cup nut lol. I aim for the more impressive artistic cups or for units that relate to Leyte or Guam. Well this one poped up on epay and I really was in awe with its beauty. Seller told me that this was a Retirement cup and the sailors name is in kanji inside the cup. Im really not sure what else the kanji will tell about this cup but im sure it will be great. I think the artwork is just amazing. The waves are painted so well as well as the life saver.
    I really hope you enjoy taking a look at this one. I know sake cups arnt high on the interest radar but I think you can all enjoy this one. If anyone can help me out in translating it fully Id be very greatful and apreciative for your help and time. Take care everybody.

Nice cup. The interior more or less says "Navy fulfillment of service commemorative." The ring buoy must have the name, I can't read the Kanji.

Comment

My father sent this back from the War, he was on New Guinea, Leyte and Okinawa; does the kanji indicate where it came from?

Comment

The name in the life preserver is 'Suzuki,' though written 寿々木.
        The 2nd cup reads 'China Incident Commemorative [Shina Jihen Kinen 支那事変記念].'

Comment

Many thanks Zach and Imperialjapan for the cup translation. Its good to be able to now put the sailors name back to his item.

Kieth, that is one snazzy cup!! Has alot of character!!!

Comment

Lucky

My girlfriend wanted this cup very bad and was the one who was bidding heavily against you near the end of the auction. Only reason she lost is that she tried to snipe at the end and did not hit. She collects the sake cups and yours is very unique and detailed. As for getting the actual transaction on the cup, good luck. Best bet is to know someone who reads Japanese or take it to the SOS show in February, or the next MAX show. There is a couple who will be there from Japan. She is Japanese and her husband is European. She is very friendly and will try her best to translate if you show her the cup. Nice pickup on the cup.

Comment

Or a better bet to get an 'actual translation' would be to read the previous posts, since everything was 'actual' in them.

Comment

Lol Imperialjapan...Yes,your translationn that you gave was right on!

Dogman, I as well was willing to go more then what it went for as of the real artistic look of it. The cup truely is a piece of art.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X