X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

navy insignia opinion needed

I just need some opinions on this anchor
    Attached Files

Insignia appears real from the poor photo. Looks hand reapplied which is incorrect. I wouldn't want a cover with a replaced insignia for any price. Ruins the cover for me.
    Last edited by Jareth; 12-01-2009, 04:43 PM.

Comment

From the pics posted on the for sale board I was unsure of the insignia. From the new pic I can say I have seen this type of two piece insignia before. IMO it is an original. It is one of four (Really three but 1 & 2 are so close they are almost identical) slight variants I have seen over time. The only thing that bothers me is the application stitching. Mine is machine sewn giving it a clean as a whistle appearance. That is how I like them.
      Scott
      Last edited by Striking 9th; 12-01-2009, 05:02 PM.

Comment

I agree with Jareth and Scott...when I saw this on the Int'l. Table, I liked it, except for the stitching securing the badge to cover. Definetly doesnt look machine stitched, as it should be. Todd
        Seeking original IJA & NLF Helmets w/ their original Helmet Covers & Camo nets... WWII USMC "War Trophies", and ID'ed Raider Items/Groupings

Comment

Hi,
          Has anybody been able to take a look inside the helmet? I can almost guarantee you that it is a green painted over gray with gray still visible under the pads. I wish I could see what the interior of the cover looks like as well as the shell and anchor.
          Regards,
          JG

Comment

Here is an insignia image from one of my helmets not the best image taken in a hurry a while ago now before being packed away .

Small piece of felt missing from anchor shank, machine sewn to cover .
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kaigun_Sho-sa View Post
              Hi,
              Has anybody been able to take a look inside the helmet? I can almost guarantee you that it is a green painted over gray with gray still visible under the pads. I wish I could see what the interior of the cover looks like as well as the shell and anchor.
              Regards,
              JG
              HI what would green painted over grey mean? I just bought two helmets from a sale of film used equipment (sale was stuff from angels and burmans) and one of the helmets has this paint under a naff brown paint added by the film company. the other one goes brown then olive green? both are size stamped I think one large and one small.

Paul

Comment

Did you tell the buyer the insignia was original to the cover before he purchased it from you?

Comment

Time to unleash the dogs of war.
                  Mr. Frame obviously has no idea who he's dealing with.
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3666265#post3666265

Comment

David, please do the right thing & send refund before this get worse then it already is.

Comment

If it's any concern of any of yours we have been negociating and further more roya I don't know who you think you are but mind you own biz
                      Last edited by Justsumgui; 12-04-2009, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X