Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Naval Mess Ware

Hi All,

Still finishing my unpacking from my move to Florida....Thought I would show some items that normally don't get posted here. I pulled out some of my Japanese Naval Mess Items that I have aquired last two years. Im still looking for that aluminum pot used by the IJN. Enjoy.

First is a heavy Brass or Copper Kettle with the Naval Emblem embossed on the side. This one is very well made so could have been used for higher ranking individuals.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ryukyutunnelrat; 09-06-2009, 11:21 AM.

Here is a complete aluminum Kettle with the embossed anchor and the other side has the unit etched in
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is a "Bento Box" most likely used on ships for more ranking individuals. comes with two inner trays for condiments....well marked and nicely painted shipboard grey
      Attached Files

Comment

Standard enlisted "Bento Box"
        Attached Files

Comment

Standard mess hall aluminum bowls. I have found numerous ones like this on Okinawa in and around Oroku and seen photos of these bowls scattered in caves on Iwo Jima.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Ryukyutunnelrat; 09-06-2009, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Ceramic Mess Bowls
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice David, I love the tea pots. Esp the copper one. Love it, love it, love it, . The lunch boxes are very nice as well. It is a great reference. Thanks for posting!
              Scott

Comment

Yes I think I was underbidder on the aluminum kettle. Great items. I've been told there are numerous depot/unit lid embossed variations of the individual bento boxes. ice stuff David! keep unpacking & posting!

Comment

very neat items and thanks for posting them!

Comment

Nice collection you have there. Very unusual. Neat stuff.

Comment

Thanks all for the comments. These are not that desirable as collectables that is why I have been picking them up when I see them. I figure most of them went to the bottom of the ocean

Comment

Here is my lunch box David. I have also obtained some images of an SNLF field kitchen. They are rare pics for someone interested in that facet of their service. I will e-mail them to you. I have a helmet named to a field cooking detail. That kind of launched my interest in that area. Their field kitchens, diet, food logistics, ect. It has proved to be quite interesting. I had an e-mail from Nick about a main dish they had but seemed to have accidentally lost it. IJN personnel did eat way way better then there counterparts in the IJA.
                        Scott
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Striking 9th; 10-26-2009, 08:18 PM.

Comment

stamp
                          Attached Files

Comment

inside w/ spoon
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is my new pride and joy. Can't imagine to many of these survived. Tooth powder and soap dish. Personal items are also a new love of mine.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X