• Time
  • Show
Clear All

16. top
    Attached Files

Comment

WOW -This one is yours now?

Comment

wow, congrats! always nice to see a complete set!

Comment

Very nice little group there Scott, nice score!

Regards

Russ

Comment

OOOOOOOOHHHH Boy! Sweet. Never seen anything like it. I suspect you will have to buy a whole new mannequin to display a Japanese medic ensemble now.

So, here is a question: Did Japanese medics have a distinctive helmet? Saw a couple of purported medic helmets on "The Modern Museum Of Capitalistic Militaria", ebay, but I see a LOT of stuff on ebay. Most of it "RARE".

Of course, they had a simplistic medical formula for captured, injured soldiers, civilians, and small animals: kill them. Take two bayonets and call me in the morning. Head removal cures everything; inquire within. Same formula for medics of opposing armies. So, with this "brave Samurai respect" for opposing wounded and medics I have a hard time believing that they would mark their own medics in an ostentatious manner. What do you think, Scott?

I think that your SNLF medic kit is unrivalled. Most of it looks ready-to-use. Unbelievable score!!!!!

Comment

Btw......

BTW......forgot to ask: can I have that set? I promise to take care of it and take it for walks every day.

Comment

I was wondering who ended up getting this. Was eyeballing it when it first popped up. I've got a ton of Jap medical supplies and had a few of those pads early in my collecting career but ended up trading them off in a deal and can't even recall for what. Definitely medical related - probably eye or a special gauze pad or something. That cased thermometer that came in the kit is pretty nice. Is that a naval marked thermometer?

Comment

Congrats Scott! In talking with several old time collectors we all agree that there are two primary componants in these first aid pouches 1) shaker. Early was aluminum, then white bakelite followed by black bakelite 2) navy bandages. Usually two & one sometimes has a safety pin attacked to reverse. There are many that have "extras" such as blotting paper, eye patches, squeezes tubes of creme medications, thermometers etc. It is my understanding that these kits were worn by ALL NLF field soldiers. This makes sense as one pouch is just not enough for more than one person. Period photos show NLF soldiers in a group all with these pouches.

Comment

"I've got a ton of Jap medical supplies".

You are just SOOOOOO insensitive. Retard. Ooops ~ that just slipped out.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Yea, after an earlier mishap with one of these I was completely thrilled to get this medical pouch. The SNLF green color is 1000% better then the pics show. I did not see an anchor on the thermometer unfortunately. I still love it. Getting pics of that little bugger is hard. The wicker pads look like they would aid in blood clotting if applied in some circumstances. I don't know. It is everything I have been wanting (for a long time) in one. The Japanese kanji on the front is the cherry on top. All I keep thinking to myself is "Spectacular"! This actually did have a close pin in it. I forgot to take a pic of it. It has a number on the head. Mike, as mentioned above these were supposedly carried by all Japanese SNLF sailors as a personal medical pouch. I got a chuckle out of the "Take two bayonets and call me in the morning" prognosis lol. You are crazy man lol.
                      Scott
                      P.S. Thanks to Takehito & Nick for the translation work. As always very very appreciated.
                      Last edited by Striking 9th; 06-26-2009, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Careful......according to HIPPA you are NOT supposed to tell these other people about the "c-r-a-z-y" thing. It's private.

Comment

Originally posted by mcmike View Post
                          "I've got a ton of Jap medical supplies".

You are just SOOOOOO insensitive. Retard. Ooops ~ that just slipped out.
                          what's your problem mcmike? Did I hurt your feelings? What gives you the authority to begin calling people you don't know names? You don't know a thing about me . Name calling like you just did is pretty ignorant behavior on a forum like this. mellow out.

I came back to finish commenting on Striking 9ths find. As I was leading to in my earlier post, the contents are interesting. I"ve owned three of these and all of them had different items in them. I kept one - didn't have the gauzes or thermometer but had a small bottle of quinine pills. Typical clear glass bottle with the label but not army or navy marked. Striking 9th - if you get into the medical items and want to compare notes email me. The Japanese medical items have been a favorite collecting area of mine for many years . GFB

Comment

Scott,

You did a very good job taking photos of your medical pouch! Wonderful. It’s also very informative to other collectors to see what can actually be contained in a complete medical pouch. Especially if someone is trying to put one together.
                            JG

Comment

Originally posted by GoForBroke View Post
                              what's your problem mcmike? GFB
                              GFB: Profuse and sincere apologies for a clumsy attempt at ironic humor. Refer to the pinned thread by Eric Doody.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaigun_Sho-sa View Post
                                Scott,

You did a very good job taking photos of your medical pouch! Wonderful. It’s also very informative to other collectors to see what can actually be contained in a complete medical pouch. Especially if someone is trying to put one together.
                                JG
                                Thanks JG, that is exactly what I was hoping to do. There are not to many references (in English) I have found on these other then Rolfe's book. It is mostly word of mouth from collector to collector. I guess I need to transfer this info over to the thread that David started so it can all be together.
                                Thanks, Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X