Navy officers NLF? uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navy officers NLF? uniform

Hello all. Here pictures of Navy NLF? uniform.
    Larry
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

sorry
      Last edited by birdman; 05-05-2009, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Larry thanks for posting! In my opinion tunic is navy as well as trousers. Not to say that NLF didn't use this pattern BUT hard to prove otherwise. Not 100% clear signs of NLF use such as green backed tabs etc. Most NLF officer's tunics were open necked (for white shirt/tie) had shoulder boards & the tunics were different cut/pattern. Is the same name on pants & tunic? Is one rear pocket missing on pants?
                Last edited by Jareth; 05-05-2009, 01:20 PM.

Comment

The name on the trousers is the same as on the tag on the other thread 杦戸卓弥 (Sugito Takuya). I see that same mark 大 十二 too, could may well be his ID number or something.

Comment

This is a pretty impressive set in that the pants and jacket are named to the same guy. Like Jareth said it would be difficult to say these were SNLF used. It cannot be ruled out however. Do the collar tabs have a purple stripe on them? I can't tell from the pics. They look like an original application imo.
                    Scott

Comment

was the purple pipping for band (or was that dark blue)?

Comment

Originally posted by kaigunair View Post
                        was the purple pipping for band (or was that dark blue)?
                        I believe it is engineering.

Comment

The construction of this tunic looks to be exactly like the SNLF 3 button with the exception of the top 2 buttons. Looking at the button hole side of the lapel this is how it was intended to be (all 5 buttons) worn. I think maybe this one could also actually be worn either way. Birdman would have to see how it looks folded down. In the pics it looks like the button hole side of the lapel is shorter where it cuts in then goes right back out. There is no visible fold wear so I think it was worn how we see it today. I have never seen one like this. It is very interesting. I have been looking it over for a good bit. I really like it!
                          Scott

Comment

Larry, I collect navy & NLF so this is a really cool tunic either way! If both tunic & pants are 1937 dated then I'd say there's a strong chance they're NLF. Late war navy switched to all green clothes eliminating white/black seasonals. Can you clear up another question? Is there a sewn in white label on BOTH the jacket & pants? And are they matching? Did you check for any signs this tunic ever had shoulder boards removed? I find it interesting that pants are so heavily repaired! I'd guess they might of been well worn & possibly post war used. I say that because most officer's that early in the war would of gotten replacement pants.
                            Last edited by Jareth; 05-05-2009, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Jareth, curious thing about those trousers, are that they look almost new aside of the repairs on the knees. The overall garment condition doesn't look like long use wear and tear.
                              Mr.Sugito may have had a bad fall on his knees or perhaps accidentally knelt onto a puddle of navy jelly !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X