The Pacific HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pacific....

I have to agree with the two previous comments. As Larry said, when the faces were being scrolled at the end of episode number ten, I was left trying to figure out who many of the men were... The series "was what it was" and should be appreciated for that, however, I was left wanting more. I suppose opportunity is still knocking for someone to come along and really do The Pacific up even better. mikeb

Comment

Not much more to add that the past three commentators did not cover...

I was one of the earlier detractors in this thread. and if I would have graded it early on it probably would have been close to a failing grade. As it wrapped up last night though, I'd give it the C+ someone else just gave.

I would say as someone else just did that there was so much more I would have hoped to see.

Comment

I totally agree. I loved the series but would like to see more. Maybe one of the movie big-shots will be looking here and when the dvd's are released they will have added footage not seen before. I would like to see what ended up on the cutting room floor. That would help sell more dvd's and after all it's all about the money......larry

Comment

I liked the Pacific, (BoB better) but Too me, the focus on the "mental" aspects of war and how it affects individuals differently was the main difference between the two. Yes, it could have used more character development, however I think it did a good job showing the psychological
          side.

Mike

Comment

Too much filler and unnecessary away from the front story telling didn't really give me a feel for any of the battles. There was a lack of continuity and the whole series felt disjointed.

This was not a story about the Imperial Japanese but they were seldom seen in the series, unlike the Germans in Band of Brothers.

My opinion is that Clint Eastwood did a better job.......in Flags.......

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
            X