No announcement yet.

Japanese Metal Airplane Tool Box??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone should join this board http://www.j-aircraft.org/smf/index.php at the least check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by blinky View Post
      I thought the Kasei 11 was used on the H8K and later airplanes, not the Kasei 10? It's true that different models ofthe Kasei were produced until the end of the war but I thought production of the Kasei 10 stopped fairly early. I suppose tools for the Mars 10 would work just as well for the later model engines, maybe a case of recycling an old toolbox.
      Very true, I was not even aware Mistubishi made a Kasei Model 10 until I saw that tool box here. Always thought the Kasei Model 11 used on the initial Bettys were the first Kasei ever built in numbers.

Comment

That explains why I'm coming up with zip on the Model 10

Comment

The tool box is marked with a manufacture date of June 1943, and that deepens the mystery, since I have no info of a "Kasei Model 10" being used on any plane especially at around that time. Perhaps the 火星10型 (Kasei Model 10) was just meant to represent the Kasei 10 "series" of engines, meaning for this case the Model 11 and Model 15 engines.

Comment

Makes sense to me! Or at least more sense than anything else I can think of. Interesting box, I love items like this that makes one think....

Comment

Id like to thank everyone for there thoughts and information on this tough one...you sure are right blinky that this one was a head scracther...all of you really taught me something i never ever would have thought I would have to reasearch and I appreciate you helping me even with my amatuer questions because im still in my "learning"process as im like a new born to this japanese collecting..and you all make me fell very welcomed and the information you guys are able to share is simple remarkable.I thank you all!Yall the best!!

Comment

Jareth instead of posting this on the other perons thread I thought I would add the link here....
                http://www.j-aircraft.org/smf/index.php?topic=7144.0

Some of the same information they had but they also showed a twin example that was just sold and what the insides look like and possible plane....

Comment

Recently saw this exact box for sale at an antique shop...what are the odds! The other tool box next to it was in even better shape.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                  X