X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Naval helmet on Ebay

Any opinions on this naval helmet on Ebay?Thanks in advance
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=380099278271

Interesting story on this helmet! This helmet was bought by a fellow board member (placeofbayonets) on eBay as an army helmet. It was a "buy it now"& was purchased with poor photos provided by seller. At that time the helmet had an army star, good condition cover minus the star & a net. When buyer wanted our opinion we told him it was a more valuable navy helmet! We suggested he keep the married set. Buyer wanted an army helmet & didn't want the hassle of finding an original & matching navy insignia so he returned it. Seller reluctantly refunded his cost & insisted helmet was an army helmet & we board members didn't know what we were talking about. Fast forward a few months. Now same helmet is on eBay & has an original navy insignia which doesn't match in color. The helmet cover that had no star when returned is now also on eBay with a badly sewn & fabricated star!

Comment

Another messed with pieceJareth thank you for the very interesting history on that piece.
      Best regards,
      Todd

Comment

No problem Todd. I feel bad because I had endorsed this sellers helmets in the past.

Comment

Jareth,
          Are you talking about the 1st pattern cover offered by this same guy, in terms of the star being resewn?
          Best regards,
          Todd

Comment

Here's the old board thread compare helmets & cover http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=316971 Now this cover http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-JAPANESE-AR...1%7C240%3A1318

Comment

So another one who seems to have turned to the dark side. I too always thought of him as one of the better ones. Nice.

Comment

I might have to retract my accusation regarding cover. I'm uncertain if it's same cover. Star certainly looks goofy! I am 100% certain the helmet is the same! Note kanji on reverse of pad & painted dome kanji.

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
                  I might have to retract my accusation regarding cover. I'm uncertain if it's same cover. Star certainly looks goofy! I am 100% certain the helmet is the same! Note kanji on reverse of pad & painted dome kanji.
                  I was comparing the covers...couldn't tell if they are the same. Comparing the stains. However, I do agree that the star looks strange and slightly too big. Can you tell if the now replaced anchor insignia is original?

Comment

2 bad

Too bad about this seller. I thought he was a serious one. I had thought about bidding on one of his helmets, but will stay clear now.

Comment

Originally posted by zachb View Post
                      I was comparing the covers...couldn't tell if they are the same. Comparing the stains. However, I do agree that the star looks strange and slightly too big. Can you tell if the now replaced anchor insignia is original?
                      The badge is an original....

Comment

Japanese Naval helmet on ebay

I droped this guy a line and this is what he said.

HELLO YOU STAND CORRECT, THIS WAS THE ONE I SOLD ON EBAY WITH A ARMY COVER AND A ARMY STAR TO THE HELMET, I DID NOT LOOK CLOSE AT THE LINER OF THE HELMET AS I SOLD IT AS I GOT IT, YES IT WAS A NAVY HELMET AFTER I HAD LOOK IT OVER AND REFUNDED YOUR BUDDY ALL HIS MONEY BACK FOR MY MISTAKE. NOW IF I AM A BAD GUY BY MAKEING THE HELMET A 100% ORIGINAL NAVY HELMET BY ADDING A 100% ORIGINAL BRASS NAVY ANCHOR LET IT BE. SO ARE YOU SAYING THAT THIS HELMET IS NOT A NAVY HELMET NOW OR IS IT ARMY. YOU SEEM YOU NO MORE ABOUT HELMETS THEN I DO, THANKS FOR YOUR IMPUT. AH.

Dennis J

Comment

Wow some reply from a "knowledgeable" collector who's writting a book on Japanese helmets! Would it have hurt to have mentioned in his auction "100% original navy helmet with a replaced original insignia". What's with the "A.H." signature? That's not the sellers initials. Hmm could those be the initials of an infamous German? Here's a good question ..is a 100% original no decal German helmet still 100% original if it's had an original decal applied post war?

Comment

Japanese naval helmet on ebay.

I think that the AH means A--Hole.I do not know if he is talking about himself or me.I do not care one way or the other.

Dennis J

Comment

Sorry. I thought A-hole was one word. My bad!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X