Japanese helmet on dealer site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese helmet on dealer site?

What do you guys think about this helmet? I thought the liner looked too good and showed it to a 25 year collector of japanese helmets and he told me it's a reproduction aged liner.

What would a fair price be for this one?

Wilhelm
    Attached Files

Liner
    Attached Files

Comment

Close up stiches
      Attached Files

Comment

BAD,BAD, BAD! I bought this on on Ebay about a year ago. Took a gamble as pics were not good, but seller agreed to 3 day inspection. Well, it only took about a 3 second inspection. The whole helmet has been repainted, including the dark area around star. The chinstrap and liner are both repops, and artificially "aged" with shoe polish! Sent it back the next day. Sometimes these gambles pay off. Several years ago, I picked up a nice 1st pattern NLF helmet cover for $600 on Ebay. The sellers pics were really blurred, but again he promised refund. Turned out it was a completely original, and nice cover, and even had an original net with it. Jareth, you may remember this one, as I sent you pics as soon as I got it.. and you liked!! Todd
        Seeking original IJA & NLF Helmets w/ their original Helmet Covers & Camo nets... WWII USMC "War Trophies", and ID'ed Raider Items/Groupings

Comment

Wow even the paint is bad? How did such a bad helmet end up in a dealers hands for what I was told he paind for it? 595.00 or I think that was his price and that he offered it to me.

W

Comment

My guess is that he knew it was bad. If he didnt, then he needs to find another career!
            Seeking original IJA & NLF Helmets w/ their original Helmet Covers & Camo nets... WWII USMC "War Trophies", and ID'ed Raider Items/Groupings

Comment

So the same shenanigans that goes on with German helmets also goes on with the Japanese lids

W.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X