Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfamilar Japanese binoculars

Hi,
    I would appreciate your input on these Japanese binoculars. I have not seen this type before. They are 6 x 9.3 and made by Moriko, Tokyo. They came complete with an olive rubberized carry case and strap. The lenes are excellent and contain the original Amber and Orange lens filters. There is a scale visible in the right lens as well. I am curious as to what branch of service would be carrying such a small pair of binoculars? I look forward to your responses.
    Mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Michael Stern; 09-12-2008, 12:31 PM. Reason: typo

moriko

b
    Attached Files

Comment

bin

m
      Attached Files

Comment

tokyo

b
        Attached Files

Comment

This is one example(and a very nice one) of a couple of types of binoculars issued to Japanese Army NCOs, although some officers probably used them too.
          These are the better quality porro prism type complete with filters that are a little more scarce than the simpler old fashioned center focus type.

CB

Comment

Janpanese binoculars

Thank you for your quick response. I am happy to know a little bit more about this very interesting piece of WW2 history. I have had a number of WW2 binoculars in the past, but these really got my attention. Thanks again for your help.
            Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X