Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Naval Security Armband

Aloha,

I just got this Japanese Naval Armband. I believe it was for IJN Security but wanted to know if anyone can give me the exact saying on the armband. Also, does anyone else have a similar one that I can compare with. I have the write up that Jerry Price sent me a long time ago about Japanese Armbands but doesn't show this particular armband. There is a color drawing of one in Nakata's book. Thanks David.
    Attached Files

Close up of the grommet
    Attached Files

Comment

First glance I don't like the look of it. I can't base my opinion on having seen another.

Comment

Something is wrong about the character on the right. The writing style does not match the character on the left and the details are wrong, as if someone tried to copy a handwritten version without knowing the correct stroke order.
        I, too, doubt its authenticity.

Comment

Thank you both for your professional opinions. David.,
          Last edited by Ryukyutunnelrat; 08-28-2008, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Here is a picture of one in Nakata's book.
            Attached Files

Comment

I wonder does anybody have a Kempeitai armband or other such device to compare the grommets? That is of course assuming the same manufacturing techniques were used. I don't recall ever seeing this type of armband outside of Nakata's book, interesting discussion. Zach

Comment

Found this, see picture 49:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=Kempeitai

Don't know how much the comparison is worth, but I thought I would post the link.

Zach

Comment

Originally posted by Ryukyutunnelrat View Post
                  Here is a picture of one in Nakata's book.

1944 era Naval Police armband. (Special use)

Comment

I checked around a bit and seems like the unbalanced style of the two Kanjis "警(Kei)" and "査(sa)" are correct for these naval MP armbands. There seems to be two grommet and three grommet variations, some with rubber stamped make marks on the back.
                    Of course as with Kempei bands, these are very easy to fake, so have to watch out when purchasing with big dollars.

Comment

No pro! Original.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X