WWII Japanese Helmet.....my buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWII Japanese Helmet.....my buy.

Hello Guys This is my recent purchase, a WWII Japanese Helmet ,feel free to comment , if someone could help with a clarification regard stamping on helmet..... diamond shape stamp with the letter S , does this mean showa period or manufacturing plant stamp ?? Thanks Guys .
    jap 1.jpg

[ATTACH]1010275[/ATTACH]

Comment

liner with chin strap........
      jap 3.jpg

Comment

Stamping.....Thanks guys
        jap 4.jpg

Comment

WW2 Japanese helmet

Hi Paul-
          There was a great discussion on these markings a few months ago when we were discussing navy marked helmets. If you search the threads here, you can find it as well as the comments from Jareth, David and others regarding what those markings mean. The one next to the "S" is, I believe a size marking. If you look to the right of the stamped kanji character, you can see a nearly obscured, painted kanji character. This is probably the size marking, again handpainted under the flange of the shell. Hope this helps starts things off for you. Mike

Comment

the mark by the s maker mark it says size small you can see the paint also for the size and he liner is perferated with the size if you look up by where the two pieces, of the liner band join. Somebody appears to have tried to remove the owners name on the front skirt, but it's a nice veteran helmet. The date will be under the front pad giving you a two diget showa date.

Comment

Thanks guys !! its a showa 14 1939

Collector of Salty, Service Worn Headgear **SSWH**

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X