Dr. Michael Bortner's Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Michael Bortner's Book

TUESDAY, I RECEIVED IN THE MAIL MY COPY OF DR. MICHAEL BORTNER'S BOOK, " IMPERIAL JAPANESE GOOD LUCK FLAGS AND ONE THOUSAND STITCH BELTS." THE AMOUNT OF TIME AND RESEARCH THAT WAS PUT IN TO THIS REFERENCE IS AMAZING. THE BOOK NOT ONLY DEALS WITH THE ITEM BUT ALSO IT'S PLACE IN JAPANESE HISTORY AND CULTURE, THEIR CONSTRUCTION AND PURPOSE. ALL OF THIS IS BACKED UP WITH FANTASTIC IMAGES, HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE AND PERIOD PHOTOGRAPHS. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS WORK FOR THE LIBRARY OF ANY COLLECTOR OR STUDENT OF WORLD WAR 2 ARTIFACTS.
    PUTTING SUCH A WORK TOGETHER IS DONE FOR THE LOVE OF THE TASK, NOT FOR PROFIT. SUCH WORKS NORMALLY ONLY MAKE A PROFIT FOR THE PUBLISHER AND NOTHING FOR THE AUTHOR. MIKE, A JOB WELL DONE!

I received my book today, and not to be melodramatic about it but glancing through it gave me goosebumps. The amount of information and the top notch layout of the book are very impressive. Great reference hardly describes this masterpiece. Zach H.

Comment

Book.....

Hello Bob and Zach-
      Thank you for your comments on the book. You are correct, Bob. A labor of love seldom pays the bills but I did receive other measures of satisfaction. One of them is reading compliments from people like you guys. Thanks alot for the feedback and I am glad you both are enjoying your books! MikeB

Comment

Received my copy today. Mike had shown me the galley proof at SOS, and I was impressed then. But to see it finished is even more amazing. This is one of those must have books. Great job Mike.
        Bob
        "Militaria shows are a social event for anti-social people"--A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

Comment

Book....

Hi Bob-
          Thanks so much for your comment, and I am pleased you like what you read. Compared to the final book, the galley proof was a bit raggedy! Thanks for spending your time reviewing it.

Hello Jake-
          I appreciate too that you contacted me with your comments. I am really glad you are enjoying the read and that you have your eyes set on more different kinds of flags to add to your collection. Keep me posted on the new additions.....! MikeB

Comment

Hello,

I concur Dr. Mike's book is a "must" read for any serious WW II IJA/IJN history buff/collector and anyone interested in the Pacific War. Superb layout. Beautiful photos. Excellent research. Enough said.

I look for really diving into this book further.

Regards,

Ron W.

Comment

Book....

Hi Ron-
              Glad to hear that you are enjoying the book and that you can recommend it! MikeB

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X