Shin-gunto translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shin-gunto translation

I was wonder what these tang marks mean on my WWII shin-gunto sword,The top of the screen is where the pomel is.I do not no if these are up,down,sideways or backwards
    Attached Files

Sword

No chance on that one, its upside down and a bad oshigata attempt. Try photos of the actual blade with the blade tip at the top. Rub baking soda in the inscription if needed, dont clean the tang

Comment

Does the old 180 degree bat turn help ?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by DR DOLCH; 07-14-2008, 02:24 PM.

Comment

It Appears To Be Chinese Jibberish.

Comment

I was hoping you could tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese. Maybe I should review the opinions on that last sword I posted ?
          Attached Files

Comment

That Is Better. You Had It Posted Upside Down On Your Previous Posts. The Name Is Nobufusa. Many Smiths Used This Name. Examination Of The Total Blade Would Lead To Period Of Manufacture. From The Crispness Of The Signature, I Think It Is Late 19th Century. Overall Picture Of The Blade And It's Shape Will Help.

Comment

Your Welcome. By The Way, As You Have Your Answer, Why Did You Post The Same Question Over At Gdc? For Your Information, You Posted The Kanji Upside Down Again.

Comment

Sorry Bob,Thanks for belittling me.Do you have trouble with clocks and calenders also? My first post states that I do not know the direction of the inscription.So whats the problem? If you do not want to help me than don't."The graveyards are full of people the world cannot live without."

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X