IJA Paratrooper Wings Real or Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IJA Paratrooper Wings Real or Fake?

Came across this paratrooper wing on a tunic and was wondering if it was legit or a repro. I've always been interested in paratrooper gear, but just don't know enough to pull the trigger. I was only looking for a patch, but a nice original tunic would be nice too! This particular seller's japanese items are some times iffy, so any help/guidance would be much appreciated. and any guidelines for price....

Thanks in advance,

back

inside the tunic, behind the patch....

Comment

Wings stand a good chance of being real. On the tunic is another story. Tunics name tag/issue stamp should be filled in with owners handwritten name & even if it is that's still no guarantee they were always togeather. I can't recall ever seeing another army tunic with wings nor a period photo as well!

Comment

thanks jareth. if the tunic isn't real, then maybe patch was sewn on so its harder see the back? what should the back of the patch look like?

hmmm...so what were the wings usually sewn on to? the jump suit?

will see if there is any depo stamp and info or if the seller can provide it....

(and those pics are still forthcoming, sorry for the delay, was sick...)

Comment

per the seller, the tunic is a private purchase item so no depo markings...

any other informed opinions? how does one usually tell if the paratrooper badge is good or not?

thanks in advance...

Comment

Not easily!Perhaps others will comment.

Comment

Yes, an officers tunic would of course be private and not depot marked. I dont think I have ever seen a real set of para wings and, without having it removed and examined independently by several other collectors, would not be comfortable with it as an authentic example.

CB

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
                I can't recall ever seeing another army tunic with wings nor a period photo as well!
                Attached Files

Comment

Eric that's a new image for me! Send me the original! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X