Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Naval Landing Helmet?

Hello,
    I hope someone can help me identify this helmet? I was told it is a Naval Landing Type 90, but I am not sure. Please let me know what you think. I am fairly certain that the netting is a reproduction. I would like to thank everyone for the input sent on my field cap.
    Thanks again,
    Mike
    Attached Files

naval

helmet
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Michael Stern; 04-30-2008, 08:57 AM. Reason: adding photo

Comment

landing
      Attached Files

Comment

japanese

t90
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't like it. I have a feeling it's an army helmet with a repro navy insignia added. We'd need a better picture of insignia to be certain. Army helmets often had a stripe of different shade of paint around exterior as a touch up. I've never seen a navy helmet with a touch up stripe. As you state net is fake.

Comment

Japanese T90

Thanks,
            I was affraid of that.
            Mike

Comment

Michael and Jareth,
              This helmet looks like the work of a California restorer of helmets, his name escapes me at this moment. He had some at the Pomoma show. I know he hasn't offered any of his redone helmets as orginals, but once there in circulation -this is what happens.
              Dean

Comment

t90

Thanks very much. It just didn't look right to me, but I am not as familiar with Japanese items as I am with German items.
                Mike

Comment

I don't like this one from top to bottom. It does look like tugboat's work. I believe his name is Beck if I remember correctly. As Dean says he did not sell these as original. However as stated above they come back up offered as original. Paint is new. Badge is bad no question. Liner looks aged. I think this is one of his first attempts because he got way way better at aging the liners. Your first clue should be that the final bid was $400 or so. If it were real and right the bidding would be going crazy.
                  Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X