Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese ID Tags

Aloha,
    Just picked these up and was hoping someone could translate the names on these Plastic ID tags? Also included was a wood tag with lots of writing on it. I know that these were sometimes t sewn on uniforms of Japanese Army and Naval Personnel. Thanks for any assitance. David.
    Last edited by Ryukyutunnelrat; 04-15-2008, 02:36 PM.

2nd one.

Comment

3rd one.

Comment

4th one

Comment

Do you have any reason to believe these are military? The first two are from the same organization, "Ikkoku" literally meaning first/one grain, which is either a name of a restaurant(there's one in Nagano) or some orginization dealing with grain crops. The names are Takahashi, Oguma and the third is Nagata. If the first two are military, I guess they would be from a supply depot.
          The wooden tag says Airplane Div. Planning Staff 1st Class, Tomizo Ito.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
            Do you have any reason to believe these are military? The first two are from the same organization, "Ikkoku" literally meaning first/one grain, which is either a name of a restaurant(there's one in Nagano) or some orginization dealing with grain crops. The names are Takahashi, Oguma and the third is Nagata. If the first two are military, I guess they would be from a supply depot.
            The wooden tag says Airplane Div. Planning Staff 1st Class, Tomizo Ito.
            Aloha Nick,

Thanks for the great translation. If the first two are military related are you saying that the kanji character could mean from a supply depot? I have seen period photos of these types of name badges sewn above the front pockets of Army and Navy personnel. Thanks again for your assistance. Mahalo David.

Comment

Something like the 1st section in the supply depot dealing with grain such as rice, millet, etc.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X