Captured Japanese Flags with Captors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already posted the flag Mike identified early as a possible factory flag; however, in further going through my packed away stuff. I found this photo given me by the vet of flags being shown by his friends, and the other flag he gave me.....which I think is the other flag in the photo. Unfortunately, due to moves over the years and a housefire, I have lost the information he gave me about the who, what, when, and where. Does the signed flag appear to be the one in the photo to you, and can you tell me what the signed one says?

Thanks,
    Ron

Ron-
    Great photo! What a terrific combination- flags, and the soldiers displaying them in front of the lense. The flags look the same to me including faint blood marks on the flag on the left hand side. My guess is that if someone can I.D. the center character on the left hand flag for you, you will be able to name the flag type.
    Nick- What do you make of the characters on the hinomaru yosegaki down in the 6-7 o'clock position? Mike

Comment

Those are indeed the flags from the photo. The writings in the 6-7 o'clock position include ones written in Katakana, not Kanji, which is somewhat out of the norm, but OK. The flag was presented to Taichi Sato by two sisters Yoshie and Yoshimi Fujimaki. The second line below the Buun Chokyu slogan shows the female wisedom saying, "Above all, take care of your health; once that's secured go full steam to get things done!".

Comment

.....the kind of thing one's sisters would say the world over. Mike

Comment

I appologize for such a long overdue reply to Mike and Nick for the information they kindly supplied me on the flags. The only excuse I can offer is that I was somewhat distracted by my wife's health complications from her liver transplant and other problems......and of course my problems too. I am however doing much better after my stroke a few years ago. I try to remember to thank people but with the brain damage, and resultant memory loss, I sometimes forget.

I was going through some of my old posts and discovered my oversight; therefore, I ask your forgiveness........and wish to thank you very much. I really know nothing about the Japanese items I found over the years and really do appreciate the information the people on the Japanese forum have provided to me.

Ron

Comment

Hello Ron,

Nice to see you take the time to post your message. Given what you have gone through I'm not surprised there have been some lapses. I wish you all the best from this point on in life.

Kind Regards,
            Stu
            Last edited by Stu W; 09-11-2012, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
              Hello Ron,

Nice to see you take the time to post your message. Given what you have gone through I'm not surprises there have been some lapses. I wish you all the best from this point on in life.

Kind Regards,
              Stu
              Stu,

Thank you.

Ron

Comment

Captured Flags...

Hi Ron -
                Sorry to hear about your family health issues. God bless you and your wife on the road to recovery.

Hi Stu-
                Hope all well your way. I have responded to your last few emails via home email but no response. I am hearing from folks that some emails are going across and some are not. Not sure why but have been told not all communication is reaching its destination.......

Regards,

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

Good to hear from you. All is well here.

There does seem to be an issue with the email as yours are not reaching me. I'll try sending from a different email address and see if your reply to that address will get through.

Regards,
                  Stu

Comment

Captured flags....

Roger that Stu. Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X