Badge help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badge help please

Just wondering if anyone could help identify a badge for me , I guess its Japanese ,but other than that I have no idea. Any help would be great
    Attached Files

Badge

While I'm not positive I will offer an educated (?) guess. If the back has a screw post (which the Japanese didn't use during the war) then I would say it's post WWII and most likely Japanese Self Defense Force. It appears very similar to US Barrack hat badges which the Japanese copied during the 1950's and later with a Japanese theme of course. Perhaps someone knows for sure. But I doubt that its WWII.

Comment

That's great , sounds like that's what it is . It has got a screw back.Thanks again for your help

Comment

I checked the Self Defence Force angle, but none of the current services seem to employ this cap badge (?). The only government service that has a combination of a dove and the rising sun in their insignia is the Immigration officers, but their cap badges do not seem to match yours either. Could also be a private security company.

Comment

Its a badge for the Japanese police reserve forces issued in year 1950-1952 (approx.)

Comment

Indeed, now I found reference to this badge and could confirm that Dean's right. However, the dove and rising sun motif remained in use well into the Self Defense Force days until the uniform change of April 1970. However, this new uniform took more than 11 years to be worn by all members, so the design could have been in use up to 1981, according to what I read. I was not able to verify that this particular badge was from the early 50s, but at least it's good to know what it is. Here's another picture http://www.asaho.com/jpn/img/2006/1204/hato-taka.jpg

Comment

Badge

Interesting......just for giggles, take a peek at ebay # 270137143865. This is a Japanese police patch from the WWII era. Notice how similar the basic designs are. After the war the "cherry blossom & anchor" and many military designs were outlawed (for lack of a better word) in Japan. That doesn't appear to be the case with police emblems.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X