SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed with a Japanese parachute...paratrooper or pilot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed with a Japanese parachute...paratrooper or pilot?

Dear all,

This is a nice item I just found in Holland (!): a Japanese parachute in its original packaged condition. It seems that the parachute was salvaged from a plane (?) something that might explain the damage on one of the sides by fire. As far as I can see, is the silk chute present. This piece was brought back by a '1st Lieutnant Horton Wainwright - Asm. 01585043' in 1945, as the accompanying document states.

What is its use? Is it a Japanese paratrooper parachute? Or of a pilot? And what does the etiket states? Is the star - stamped on the side of the etiket of any specific signifigance? Are these rare and can someone tell me something about an eventual value?

Lots of questions...any reaction is most welcomed!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Coco
    Attached Files
    Pls. have also a look at my web-site: www.hiscoll.com

sigpic

Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

parachute......

Coco-
            I always like to see the "bring back" documents that come with various items. Your document has a seal that was impress fixed to it. Most that I see here in the States have either a rubber stamped seal or none at all on them. A few guys here on the Forum are pretty knowledgeable about parachutes. There was a discussion on them about 3-6 months ago I think. You might try searching the old threads and see what you can find. Mike

Comment

The 'bring-back' document in detail...

Dear Mike,

Thanks for your reaction! Indeed I also found it quite stunning that this one came with the document. I scanned it and hereby the scan. I will go through the old posts as you suggested and will see what I can find. I hope I get more reactions....

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Coco
              Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

parachute...

Coco-
                Thanks for the additional pictures of the "bring back" document. I quickly scanned the threads and found the one I was thinking about when I made my previous post. Take a look at the one on 5-09-07 on "Japanese parachutes." It is not as complete as I may have thought but it has some information for you. It does not help in narrowing down your question, however. Sorry. Mike

Comment

What you have is a type 1 cargo chute with a load capacity of 100 kgs. Dated April 15, 1944. I've seen quite a lot of these on sale in Japan a month ago, but didn't bother to check prices

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X