Naval Paratrooper Helmet Scam - beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naval Paratrooper Helmet Scam - beware

Beware of this seller and auction. This helmet was offered several months back. He's using the same pictures. He cancelled the auction but is still offering this helmet for sale to anyone who contacts him. Unfortunately, it's just another result of high ticket pieces getting too much visibility over the internet. Reese

http://cgi.ebay.com/JAPANESE-MILITAR...QQcmdZViewItem

I noticed the auction too. I knew it was the infamous, record setting para helmet. When I looked the auction was ended.

Comment

What's interesting is that the seller actually has fairly decent feedback history. He does have some negatives but no negatives from fraud of the magnitude he is or was attempting. He probably canned the auction quickly to keep himself out of trouble but still allow enough people to see it and email him directly making offers. Not good. I hope nobody got taken.

Comment

His name is 4dab2003

Lets keep this username in mind.

Comment

I guess I don't know the details. Is it a "bad" helmet for a really high price or is it a "good" helmet for a really high price ?

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
            </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
            Originally posted by kfields View Post
            I guess I don't know the details. Is it a "bad" helmet for a really high price or is it a "good" helmet for a really high price ?
            I think they're saying it's a good helmet the "seller" doesn't own.

Comment

Kim, as Kurt said it's a real helmet that set the high record $$ on ebay many months ago & then someone stole the photos from that original auction to create a "fake" auction to rip off some unwary buyer.

Comment

Thanks guys! Kim

Comment

I've seen that Japanese Naval para listed at least three times.... by different sellers.

The last two were scams... including the auction above.

It's against E-Bay's rules... but... some folks actually sell their "E-Bay account ids" to others.

Believe it of not... some accounts listed for sale reach hundreds of dollars... before being pulled by E-Bay.

All you need is the id and password. Then.... place your own credit card info.

Great for crooks to set up shop... and commit fraud.

Comment

Here's an example...

some guy was willing to pay $1000 for this E-Bay id...

The seller was suspended for making an attempt to sell.

Comment

It happened to me a month ago but I luckily found out within 24 hours what was happening. I discovered a "for sale" item for super bowl tickets under my ID ! I notified ebay, sale was canceled and I redid my password. That lesson taught me to never respond to ebay messages directly from my email. IT may very well be a scammer sending a bogus look-a-like message attempting to get my password. Keep an eye on your accounts!

Comment

Fraud on e-bay?!?!?!? I'm shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It was obviously a scam from the beginning. I have contacted the con man and have played possum for several days. Hopefully posting this will save someone from falling into this kind of scam. After several emails expressing my interest a phony -professional looking email was sent from isoldit requesting I only pay via western union.
                          Heres the scam - I will list all correspondance

Hello,

Thank you for your email. Yes i can ship it as a gift,i`ve done that before. The reason i have asked to be contacted before bidding is that i want to sell it faster and i want to find a buyer immediately. You don`t have to bid and win the auction so you can buy it....if you are really interested i reserve the right to end the auction and make the transaction with you. I am not in the country, right now i am in UK in my honeymoon but i will handle everything from over here so that will not be a problem. The price i am looking for is $2950 with shipping and handling included. If this is a reasonable price please let me know and i can make the transaction with you through eBay and i SOLD It, so the deal will be very legit and safe and will not be outside eBay. You will also have a 10 days return policy. If you have other questions please email me ASAP. I will also want you to reply either way so i will know what to do.

Regards,
                          Last edited by Dean Brock; 03-04-2007, 08:00 AM.

Comment

2nd email

Hello Dean,
                            I will make the transaction using i SOLD It services...i SOLD It is the best selling service on eBay. They are guaranteed and recommended by eBay because they verify the sellers that are members with them and you will also have a 10 day return policy.

If you haven`t used i SOLD It before I will explain how they work:

They already have the item in their custody packed, insured and ready for shipping. They will contact you with all the details of this sale (they will send you an invoice ) and with the payment instructions. You will send the payment to one of their agents that is handling our transaction and after that you will send them the payment information so they can verify It. I will have to make you aware of the fact that i don`t know the agent name because they change it in every transaction for security reasons. As soon as they do that the shipping process will start. After you receive the item you will have a 10 day return policy (starting the day you receive te item), in this time you will have to decide if you accept it or not. If you do then you will notify them that you accept it so they can send me the payment. If not, you will return the item in the exact conditions you ave received it and they will give you a complete refund. We will also be able to leave feedback for each other after the transaction like it`s done on any genuine sale on eBay.

So please give me your full name and shipping address so i can have them contact you regarding the transaction.

Regards

Anthony

Comment

sounds good, how about a phone number, so I can contact I sold it in Florida
                              dean

Hello sir,
                              i don`t have a phone number. Ask them for the phone number.
                              Thanks
                              Anthony

Anthony,
                              Can I send cash to a US address, registered mail?
                              dean

Hello sir,
                              iSOLD It came and took the helmet and 11 other items i had for sale and i don`t need their phone number because i am contacting them bu email as i did before. I have used their services in the past many times. However you must follow the instructions from your invoice to send the payment.
                              Thank you
                              Anthony
                              Last edited by Dean Brock; 03-04-2007, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X