Medal or Fob - Beautiful Shakudo, Silver, Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal or Fob - Beautiful Shakudo, Silver, Gold

Forum Members, I need help to identify this beautiful medal or fob. I presume it is Japanese in origin. I am hoping that it is military related. This item is very well made and suggests the Meiji period workmanship. The medal measures 1 1/2 inches tall X 1 inch wide. It is made of Shakudo and has silver and gold inlay work. The silver dragon is chasing a pearl winding its way through the swirling clouds. There is gold character at bottom left. As you can see the reverse has five rows of character writing. The first and second row from the top are embossed as is the last row. The third and fourth rows of character are engraved into the piece. I believe it is some sort of presentation. If someone could translate the character writing on the front (gold) and the reverse side then the mystery will be solved. Thanks to all who are willing to help. ..........Harry C
    Attached Files

Mystery Fob - Silver Dragon

View of the reverse side. I must say that this item has much more eye appeal than the image here shows. Thanks for any help you can give......Harry C
    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
    X