Painted Japanese Helmet Shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted Japanese Helmet Shell

I found a painted Japanese helmet shell at a estate sale, looks like they used spray paint to paint it. This looks like some one did it at home not arsenal done. The shell is straight with no dents or dings, Is there a safe way to remove the paint. to see what is underneath it. It just does not look right to perfect. Thank You.

I've cleaned up a lot of German helmets, that were spray painted by getting the spray can of paint remover just lightly mist then whipe off soon as you do it work in a 6 inch area until you finish. I have had only super luck doing that and never hurt the paint under. You could also try a soft cloth with laquer thinner.

Comment

Try Acetone. It dries quickly and doesn't disturb the original paint. Paint thinners and paint removers remain active, even after they are cleaned off and will continue to eat away at the paint years down the road.

Comment

then use acetone to nuetralize after using stripper if you are worried about it mine never did anything I simply wiped the helmet down with soapy water

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
        X