X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmet question

Am I missing something on this i thought it was a civil defense helmet

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=008

It is...with a post war added insignia...being bid on by people unfamiliar with Japanese helmets. Sad for them.

Comment

David,

No, I don't think you missed anything, but some other folks are!

In my opinion, it's a war time civilian helemt with a reproduction Navy helmet insignia.

On a side note, the kanji on the wooden tag translates to "General Manager".

Eric
      Last edited by Eric Doody; 11-26-2006, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks eric and Jareth

Comment

Is it fair to say thar Macsmilitary and Cupman are to be avoided? Rob
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Don't have any experience with the one but I wouldn't touch a cupman auction with a ten foot pole. Real shame as he used to, many years ago, have some good stuff. Now it's fakes, put togeather groupings & fantasy items.

Comment

That helmet ended for something over $550. Pathetic...both the buyer and the seller.

Comment

Aloha,
                Just picked up the Osprey book “Japanese Special Naval Landing Forces, Uniforms and equipment 1932-45”. While skimming through the pages, I came across ( on page 14 ) an early example of a widely flared helmet similar to the one sold on ebay. The rear brim of the ( ebay ) helmet is not as wide as the one in the photo but still it looks pretty much the same or a variation of one. This is were a dishonest seller/dealer would get his idea and make this kind of fakes. I can see where someone can fall for this kind of ( fake ) helmets and lose some big buck$$ like the one sold on ebay..........$560., hard lesson to learn.
                I was also surprise to see the second photo ( pg. 3 ) in the book was from Eric Doody, he has a few more thru-out the book. Great photos!, I like the group photo on page 24 of his.
                Now on to reading the book and learn more on the SNLF.......
                Rodney

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                X