Officers Tabs Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officers Tabs Help

Guys, I realize this is a real shot in the dark, but I need some help. Several years ago I picked up what I thought was a set of Japanese officers tabs. Recently when I wanted to put them with a display I realized that they were both for the same side. If anyone has a correct single they'd like to trade or sell, please drop me a pm. Boy is my idiot light on.
    Attached Files
    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

HI ...

i'm new to the forum ... nice patches shame there not a pair. ... I wish I could say yep got one .. but I cant ..sorry ... it's one of the Rank patches I'm looking for so If I come up with one i'll let you know ...

Regards Paul Matthews (UK)

Comment

I wish I could say I had one too but I don't. Don't feel bad. The same thing happen to me when I brought a pair 1870 Prussian General collar tabs. I was thinking I was getting a pair but I end up getting the same side.

Comment

AAARRGH! Not only may it proove quite difficult to find a mate (there were so many variations) but I am not 100% sure these tabs are real. One of them appears to have the 2 flat gold strips glued on instead of stitched on which is often a bad sign. The backs will give more indication if they are real or not.
        (I hope I am wrong on this)

CB

Comment

Larry,

I am in agreement with CB.

The tab on the top has the gold braid stitched onto the tab which is usually a good sign while the tab on the bottom looks like the gold braid may be glued (or not stitched at all) onto the tab which is usually not a good sign. (I am also not 100 % sure about all the attached stars.)

As CB noted, a photo of the back of the tabs may tell us more.

Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
          X