Chikara flag on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chikara flag on ebay

I just wondered if you guys saw this Chikara flag on ebay? I know that CB is usually the one talking about rising prices, but here is my chance to get in on it (if the auction was a "good" one.) The last Chikara flag that sold on ebay went off a few months back and sold for about 1/4 the price of this one. There really is nothing much more special about this one than the others I have seen. The one serious flag bidder that I recognize on this auction bailed when the price was in the 200's. I know that the prices of Japanese stuff on ebay are going through the roof right now, but this is goofy! Mike

Could you post the link.Simply cut and paste the adress and post here .................................................. .........................................

Rob.
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Chikara flag on ebay....

Hi Rob-
      Yeah, I guess it would have helped to have left a reference number! Here is the ebay auction number. It is still there for you to see. #110025579340 MikeB

Comment

It looks like the bidder "brideofrankenstein" has lived up to the name! This is one of those monstrous bids that I have been seeing lately. And it is inconsistant as MikeB has said. I sometimes see similar items go for a small fraction of the price that some fetch and for no apparent reason.
        This Cikara flag doesnt even have a famous battlefield provenance or anything to justify the price it went for, although it is a nice example.

CB

Comment

Ebay is a science I've found. you have to learn to work it, and how it operates timing is everything you have to set items to end when the best chance that you'll have an audience it seems sunday-wednesday 9-10 pm has got the best response. I bought 4 mint flags on an auction that ended at 11 in the morning for 38.00 so I can see how some things can slip through cheap. I have also found that setting items at what you can live with selling the item for doesn't work well on high dollar items people love to run up the bid I guess it's live and learn

Comment

Chikara flag on ebay....

The prices for these flags have traditionally been on the low side for one key reason; people did not know what they were. They are much rarer than good luck flags. This kind of flag is a cross between yosegaki hinomaru and senninbari. The chikara flag is supposed to have 1000 power characters painted on it, although like the 1000 stitch belt, some may have more or less usually do to error in counting. Mike

Comment

Aloha Mike,
              Did the Japanese also make Chikara Belts too? I have a belt, like the 1000 stitch belt but made with the Chikara characters instead ( like the flag on ebay ). Has something stitched inside, maybe good luck piece? After buying this years ago, I was feeling this was a fake because I hadn't seen a Chikara flag or belt until now. Is there hope that this Chikara belt is real?
              Mahalo,
              Rodney

Comment

Chikara flag on ebay....

Hi Rodney-
                I got the book, Cherry Blossom Squadrons. Thanks again for letting me know where to find a copy. It is a great read!
                As for your belt, yep there are chikara belts too. I only have 2. One has nothing but Chikara characters brushed onto it. The other has a red painted rising sun in the middle but quite faded along with a Shinto prayer around it. The rest of the belt is covered with Chikara characters. Again, I think people are just not familiar with this kind of good luck item and so they are rarely seen.
                Just as the senninbari had 1000 knots that were intended to convey the combined well wishes of 1000 people, the chikara belt or flag was meant to bring out in the wearer the combined force or power of 1000 men times 10. Physical prowess was/is highly prized by the Japanese and it was hoped that this combined power would enable the wearer to have super human strength in order to overcome the enemy in whatever way he could. Mike

Comment

Aloha Mike,
                  Thanks for the information on the Chikara belt. Didn’t know the Japanese soldiers had these made for them like the senninbari. Maybe that's how they got their "Power & Strength" to make those Banzai Charges. By the way does yours have anything sewn into it, like paper or some small object, good luck piece maybe?
                  Glad I could help you find that book.
                  Mahalo,
                  Rodney

Comment

Chikara flag on ebay....

Hi Rodney-
                    I'm sorry Rodney, all of mine are packed, having just been photographed. They may or may not have ofuda in them, just like 1000 stitch belts. Like the chikara flags, they are very cool to study since they are rarely seen. If I get the chance, I'll try and dig mine out and put an image or two up here. Mike

Comment

Chikara Flag on ebay....

Here are a few close-up shots of my Chikara flags. They are a bit more elaborate than what is being shown, but this gives you the idea. This flag has 1000 red circles stamped onto it with a hanko, and then each character is brushed into the round mark. Mike
                      Last edited by MikeB; 09-06-2006, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Chikara Flag on ebay....

Here is another Chikara flag. The previous one has its idiogram placed in round, stamped circles like you sometimes see on the senninbari. This made it easier to keep track of the number of characters being placed on the flag. This one has its power character placed randomly (no circles,) but in rayed fashion. Mike

Comment

I remember the first flag Mike, it's very nice. I was actually bidding on it but lost and later bought another flag.
                          This one http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=154851

It is nice to see it again.

Greetings
                          Erik

Comment

Mahalo Mike for sharing your Chikara Flags. ( I know what it’s like digging them out of storage, packed away!! ) They both look great. The kanji brushed on your flags are exactly like the ones on my belt.
                            I bought my Chikara belt about seven years ago, from an advise of a very good friend. I knew nothing about it or if others existed, even flags. I have seen many senninbari and yosegaki hinomaru flags but never a Chikara belt or flag, not even in books on Japanese militaria. Thanks for bring this up on the forum, learn something new.
                            Nice flag Erik!
                            Aloha,
                            Rodney

Comment

... It is the symbol of "POWER" or "Energy"
                              !

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
                              Here are a few close-up shots of my Chikara flags. They are a bit more elaborate than what is being shown, but this gives you the idea. This flag has 1000 red circles stamped onto it with a hanko, and then each character is brushed into the round mark. Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X