Japanese Wwii Army Nco Pilots Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Wwii Army Nco Pilots Badge

A few years ago I aquired a really nice original Japanese WWII Army NCO Pilots Badge. I can never find any info on how it was worn on the uniform or what the value of one of the badges are today? Im new to this site so I hope that someone can help me out. Thanks

Pilots Badges

Pilots badges both for army or naval personal are not "rare" but they are very desirable and more in the "hard to come by" area. I have seen more navy badges then army (not sure why) over the years. They are & have been reproing these and I'll assume that your badge is a good one. They were worn on the duty or dress uniform (never on the flight suit). Usually worn on the right side lower chest by sewing several loops of threads thru the uniform and sliding the pin thru. Usually given to the top pilot in the class. I have seen several variations of the badge so they are not all exactly alike. Pricing.....assuming the badge is in average or better condition without the box I think you could expect to see $500 +/- depending upon condition.
    Hope this helps....
    John

Comment

John,

Come to think of it, I do not believe I have ever seen a picture of an Army enlisted man, or Army officer for that matter, wearing one of the pilot proficiency badges...have you?

Eric

Comment

Badge....

Yes I have.....but it's only been (maybe) two pictures of a Army pilot wearing one. Many more navy.

Comment

Ryukyutunnelrat,

Aloha!

About the only reference material that I have on Japanese Army Pilot Proficiency badges is from the Japanese section of A Companion To Wings Of World War II by Russell J. Huff.

Hope this helps.

Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X