Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a Little Help

Hello, Japanese Militaria Forum--
    I normally hang at the Firearms Forum, so excuse the intrusion. An old friend and WWII vet has been promising me that he would bring by a bunch of old Japanese "Parade" swords. Well, today he did. I don't know squat about these things, but they interest me, as I have a few Japanese rifles and pistols. They would make a nice adjunct to my collection.
    So, I know the second fromthe left is a Type 32 japanese Calvary Trooper's Sword. The others, I think are Army Parade Sabers. The second from the right is in really good shape.
    Can any of you guys give me a hint as to the value of these?? What would be a fair price to offer him? I don't want to skin him, as he is old friend, and is for sure the guy who shipped these back.

Any input appreciated!! TIA for your help.

Ronnie
    The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Hello,

The swords if nice go for about $200-$300 each.

Comment

Thanks Bill!!

Anybody else want to weigh in on this??

r
      The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Comment

Ronnie,

Assuming the parade swords are Army parade swords, which typically have ten-petal cherry blossoms, as opposed to police parade swords, which typically have five-petal cherry blossoms, and assuming the parade swords are not presentation parade swords (i.e., the sword would not have any kanji markings on it), I would agree with Bill on the prices (i.e., between $200 and $300 depending upon condition).

Eric

Comment

Bill, Eric
          Thank you both for your reply.
          Yes, Eric, I think they are Army swords, with the ten petal flowers, and none of them are inscribed in any way. I'm thinking that the nice one might go the $300, then the others not so much?? Would that price also apply to the Calvary Sword?/

r

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie Fry
            Would that price also apply to the Calvary Sword?
            Ronnie,

Based on the photo, I would be a little more conservative on the price of Calvary sword (i.e., < $200).

Eric

Comment

Yes you need lots of help my friend

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X