Ammo pouch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammo pouch question

I know some of the Japanese items were utilized byother Asian countries after the war, such as, bayonets being used with web frogs, and helmets refitted with U.S. style liners for Thailand, as well as, rifles being rechambered. The question that has come to mind is since the rifles were used again were the ammo pouches as well or did the country using them make up their own style?

David,

I believe that the Chinese made some ammunition pouches that were very similar to the Japanese front ammunition pouches. The Chinese (?) ones that I have seen were made of dark brown leather and had securing straps and studs that were different than the Japanese straps and studs. I am not sure what some of the other countries did though insofar as pouches.

Hope this helps.

Eric

Comment

Pouches

When I was in Viet Nam in the 60's we saw Japanese helmets, rifles and bayonets taken from NVA & VC prisoners or dead. I never saw an ammo pouch that I can recall but I have no doubt that they kept and used them until they fell apart. In that climate leather didn't last long.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X