Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reproduction Orders

Hello,

Anyone know of a source for reproduction breast badges?

I know they make them here in Japan, but I can't seem to find any retail seller.

Regards,
    Bill Unland

Reproduction Orders

I don't know of any but would like to find out. I would also like to find a source for cases. Paul Murphy once told me that there was someone making nice copy cases to fit the decorations. Michael Quigley mentioned to me that the practice of making repro. cases was stopped by the Japanese Govt. some time ago. So, judging from their two answers who knows.... Mike

Comment

Hello,

It is hard for me to imagine the Japanese government controlling ANYTHING. They are incredibly inept, and only worried about how much they can skim off the tax payers and extort from the Yakusa. But it could be they have stepped on the repro makers as I haven't seen any for sale lately.

I know the ONLY order it is illegal to buy or sell over here is the Order of Culture. Why, I have no idea. I remember a few years ago a coin dealer was arrested for sellung one of the god ugly things. All the others are freely traded, and I remember seeing a whole case of repro 1st and 2nd class badges in a shop in Osaka years ago. They weren't particularly cheap, but beautiful.

Oh well I will keep searching. The German repros are easy to find, Japanese...................maybe there is too little interest to tool up.

Regards,
      Bill Unland

Comment

Hey Bill

I think I know why you are looking for them.... want to complete that fantastic General's kit

If you find a source... that is willing to sell them AS REPROS... please let me know... The only ones I have found here.... the dealers are selling them as originals......

I ended up 'biting the bullet' and had to go the route of originals to complete my set....

Cheers
        Mark

Comment

YES,

Unfortunately he has loops for 3 breast badges. Looks lonely without them. Unfortunately I figure it would cost me $10,000 if I could find even new issue originals!

I was VERY surprised that admiral's hat you bid on went as high as it did. I didn't think anyone except you and me were interested in dress uniforms. I saw the post saying what a good price it was.....I think I missed something

Regards,
          Bill Unland

Comment

Reproduction Orders

Do the Breast Stars have to be reproductions? The Collector's Guild was just getting ready to list an Order of the Auspicious Clouds Breast Star. It might fill one of those holes on your uniform. Can't tell you the price..... Mike

Comment

Originally posted by W.Unland
              YES,

Unfortunately he has loops for 3 breast badges. Looks lonely without them. Unfortunately I figure it would cost me $10,000 if I could find even new issue originals!

I was VERY surprised that admiral's hat you bid on went as high as it did. I didn't think anyone except you and me were interested in dress uniforms. I saw the post saying what a good price it was.....I think I missed something

Regards,
              Bill Unland
              Hey Bill,

Yeah.. I know what you mean.... It drove me nuts until I was able to get mine completed....... and actually.... for the RS 1st and ST.... it was about 6000 in trade.. for originals....

Problem I have seen is that the good copies are sold as originals... and the copies I find that are sold as copies look like some kid made them in shop class

I think what sold that navy set was actually the eppualets and not the cap.... and it went for about what I actually thought it would... I didn't chase it too hard as I'm not really into Navy stuff.. but it was just a really neat set........

What thread discussed it here ????

If I come across any orders for you... I'll be happy to let you know..... send me your e-mail address so that I can contact you directly....

Any idea as to what you want to put on him..... some thoughts... ST 1st, RS 2nd and then perhaps one of the Manchurian stars or ???

Cheers
              Mark

Comment

Hello,

Mike,
                Thanks, no they dont need to be repro, I just don't have enough money. fixed income retired cops don't make that much!

Mravery
                Thanks. The ST and RS are the obvious first choices, particularly since they are still issued and come up sometimes. A GK would be impossible, so any Manchukuo would work. My e-mail is nz6w-unln@asahi-net.or.jp

Here is the link agout the cap http://daggers.infopop.cc/groupee/fo...7/m/1300075773

Regards,
                Bill U
                Last edited by W.Unland; 10-23-2005, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Reproduction Orders

Hi Bill. I just sent you a PM. Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X