Book opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book opinion

What do you think about "Japanese Field Caps of the China Campaign" ? Do they show close up contruction of caps and havlocks?

Book

This booklet is excellent for what it covers. Has good pictures of both the caps and of soldiers wearing the caps. Real good color section in the center of the book showing the chin straps, markings, and cap interiors. It does not show the tropical flaps (except on the cover) and there is a passing reference to the flaps and it does show the threads on some of the caps where the flaps were hung. Alot of interesting info about the early beginnnings of the cap. The one drawback is in the translation of Japanese to English and I have to wonder if we get a full meaning of what is written. Over all opinion....worth the money and a must have book for headgear collectors and a very useful booklet for Japanese collectors in general.
    John

Comment

Thanks John

Comment

David,

If you are planning to collect field caps, I highly recommend getting this book.

As John mentioned, the English section of the book leaves something to be desired. However, I did learn a number of things by reading the book.

Eric

Comment

I should add this book hardly begins to cover all of the numerous variations that exist. I say this only so as a new collector will not discount odd ball caps not pictured in this decent book. I believe (my books at another locale)the book also doesn't cover officer's field caps. That's a whole other book I also agree with John in that you'd of thought the english translation should of been better written.

Comment

With translations, it is very common to not make sense some things just won't translate into another language. That's why we have pictures lol

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X