Signed Japanese flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed Japanese flag

Hello, I have the opportunity to purchase this flag. I'm still waiting to hear back on the deminsions/exact size. I'm new to Japanese items, so I'd like some opinions on value and what the writing is (?)

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Skullhead; 12-19-2006, 07:43 AM.

Last edited by Skullhead; 12-19-2006, 07:43 AM.

Comment

This is a very typical Yosegaki and appears to be OK. They are all names written by friends and family wishing good luck. The dimensions are of no importance. If the price is not too bad, go for it!

Conrad

Comment

Unless it has unusual signatures/phrases, I think an average retail price would be $150.00.

Comment

Signed Japanese Flag

The only thing that stands out as different on this flag is the writing across the sun. Standard yosegaki hinomaru, by definition, are flags that have the writing going around the red sun center. "Yose" means "Sideways" and "Gaki" means to "To write". "Hi" means "Sun", "No" means "Is" and "Maru" means "Round". This is exactly what is described when one looks at a good luck flag- a flag with a round sun that has sideways writing going around it. It does not matter whether the kanji are done across the red section on purpose or by accident. The fact that they are there makes this version a little bit different than the customary prayer flag. I think the price of $150.00 is about right as well. Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X