Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flag translation

Hello,
    If anybody can read any of the characters on this flag, I would be interested to know anything about it. Name of soldier? Large center kanji? This was taken on the Island of Saipan.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    Attached Files

Saipan Flag Translation

Hi Paul G,

The two kanji across the top are "certain victory" and "banzai". On the right "live long, luck in battle" is written vertically. On the bottom is the legend jinchu-houkoku or "loyalty and patriotism". The name beside this exhortation is Koichi Fukumori. Other Fukumoris are all over the rest of the flag. The character is the center is "dragon".

Best,
    Gunnar

Comment

Real nice flag! You very rarely find signed rising sun flags!

Comment

translation

Thank you for your help . I love to know what these say, and find out who they were signed for! I have a few other flags I will post in the near future.
        Thanks again,
        Paul

Comment

Side note to Saipan flag

I also have an original photo showing the Marine who captured it holding it. I also have a Marine press release explaining how this Marine took out a Japanese sniper to get this flag. He eliminated 4 snipers in his first 48 hours on the Island. Bear with me on the photo, camera ran out of batteries.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow! Fantastic flag and with a story too Lets see the other photos!

Best Regards
            Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X