Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWII Japanese flag bring back from British army captain

Hi everyone

This flag was brought back by my great grandfather who was a captain in the British army during WWII. He served in Burma, which was where he acquired these items. We don't know much about these as after the war, he refused to speak about his experiences. We believe that the flag may have been picked up off of a body due to what we believe are bloodstains. After he passed away, my mother was clearing the house out and found these items together in a box. We recently decided to frame the flag (with museum quality UV resistant, conservation glass) as it is an important item in our family's history. I was just wondering if anybody could help with the kanji translation? And with the second item, would I be correct in saying that this was a family stamp?

Thanks guys
    Attached Files

Hey kiwi, that’s a really great looking flag and very nicely framed!

There are a few gents here who will be able to offer some translation for you.

I think the stamp in the little box is a personal signature but stand to be corrected!

Regards

Russ

Comment

Flag looks legit, given to a person named Asano. The stamp name is Ishikawa, so it doesn't match with the flag.

Comment

1. Nagoya Mitsubishi Generator Plant
        2. Pray sure win and stay alive
        Attached Files

Comment

Excellent flag!!! Thank you for preserving and posting this important historical item!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help with the translations and information on the stamp! Very thankful for your knowledge, can add a little more information to the back of the frame now

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X