British Japanese Trophy Flag Photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Japanese Trophy Flag Photos.

Found a couple of really nice photos in a Burma photo album of some British soldiers showing off there captured Japanese flag I have posted this in the Brit section with very little interest shown so best add it here as its the first time for me having any photos of a British mob with enemy flag
    Attached Files

Great photos. Lots of folds in that flag but I bet it has been stored away and looks the same now.

stan

Comment

I love period pictures with captured Japanese flags. I mainly collect Japanese flags, I really love the flags that I have with period pictures of that exact flag after capture. They are hard to come by, but a gem. I also collect period pics of captured Japanese flags. Thats a really cool picture, as you see 10-1 pictures of Americans vs. Brits or Aussies with captured flags. The GI's were truly souvenir hunters! An old saying goes: The Germans fought for the fatherland, The Japanese fought for the Emperor, and the Americans fought for the souvenirs.

PG-

Comment

Yes, that's a great photo and album pages with hand-written captions; thank you for posting. The flag looks almost square in shape. At first I thought that the corner tabs and tie strings were both placed on the top (that would be a bit unusual) but now see that both tabs are on the right-hand side. The presentation line and figures are fairly large and easy to see. Perhaps Guy can read those for you and give you the name of the flag's former owner.....
        MikeB

Comment

The only things I can make out are the main slogan and the surname to the recipient; the given name is too fuzzy for me to read:

祈武運長久
          Inori bu'un chōkyū
          Praying for continued luck in the fortunes of war

山出**君
          Yamade **-kun
          Mr. Yamade **

-- Guy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X