No announcement yet.

Help with Yosegaki Hinomaru Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you guys for all the information so far. This is very educational.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullster View Post
      Thanks for the comments Jamie!

That display looks really excellent and is actually similar to what I am planning. Framing the flag and then I have a Type 95 to put on a mount in front, much the way you have done with the rifles. Very nice indeed.

I was actually planning to go to the art shop tomorrow to look at frames. I have planned to get one where the glass pressed against the flag, more so to flatten it out and provide some support, but seems this is not the best idea. Thank you for the tip. I will also frame the flag myself, as you describe. I am not sure about stitching it, as I am very concerned of damaging the flag in any way.

Any suggestions to flatten out the creases?

Many thanks!
      To flatten my flag out I put books on top of it for About a week and that helped a bit but didn’t correct it fully, I found once I stitched it to the back board it ready flattened out a lot more. Stitching it to the backboard won’t harm the flag in any way and you won’t notice it at all, just don’t stretch the heck out of it and than stitch it on. it’s quite common to have these flags stitched onto backboards to frame them.

the reason why I decided to stay away from putting it right up against the glass to flatten it out is because I had numerous people tell me that it will overtime affect the flag in a negative way due to the material.

If you decide to stitch it heres what I did, I went out and got Sewing pins And my acid free back board, I placed the flag on the board and than strategically Placed the pins in key locations to the point where when I picked up the board the flag didn’t move and stayed nice and straight. Than I added a very small stitch right where the pin was until I was all done!

Comment

Thanks for the tips, Jamie. I think I will follow the same method you have used. First step, gradually flatten the creases out.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X